|Dr. Shannon L. Williamson,|
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina, 2001, in Speech-Language Pathology
- M.S.P., University of South Carolina, 1996, in Speech-Language Pathology
- B.A., Columbia College, 1994, Speech-Language Pathology,
Summa Cum Laude
- Licensed SLP in South Carolina and holder of the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Owner and President of the Private Practice, Upstate Pediatric Speech Therapy Services, Inc. serving birth to 21, for various communication impairments
- Participating Provider for most of the major insurance companies for speech therapy services
- Certified Practitioner for integrated Listening systems
- EEG/biofeedback certification
- Previously worked in Pediatric Rehabilitation for children with severe and multiple handicaps
- Previously worked in S.C. Public Schools as lead speech-language pathologist and Curriculum Coordinator for Speech-Language Pathology
- Previous Adjunct Professor for the University of South Carolina and S.C. State University
- Previous Cooperating Teacher and instructor for Columbia College and the University of South Carolina
- Married and has two children
|Deborah M. Culbertson,|
- Master of Communication Disorders,
University of South Carolina, August 1998, Columbia, SC
- Master of Education in Elementary Education
Converse College, August 1990, Spartanburg, SC
- Bachelor of Science in Speech Pathology and Audiology
California University of Pennsylvania, May 1974
- South Carolina Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
- South Carolina State Department Educator Certification
- 30 years of SC public school experience as a lead speech-language pathologist and speech-language program coordinator in Greenville County Public Schools
- Currently, Deb is a pediatric speech-language pathologist for Upstate Pediatric Speech Therapy, with her specialty being in preschool and elementary-aged articulation and language disorders.
- She is married and has 3 children and 6 grandchildren.
Nancy serves as Office Manager/Billing Coordinator for Upstate Pediatric Speech Therapy. Any questions about billing can be addressed to her. Nancy went to Furman University and graduated in 1977. She holds a certificate in Computer Systems and Programming. Nancy is married and has two children.
|L. Black, M.A., CCC-SLP|
- B.A., Psychology
- M.A., Speech-Language Pathology.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Licensed by South Carolina State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certified in Integrated Listening Systems
- 20 years’ experience as SLP working with pre-K – grade 12 public school population
- ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ACE) 2011, 2015
- Specialize in articulation, apraxia, and language impairments
|Valerie Delar Anderson |
- M.A. in Speech and Hearing Sciences from the University of Maryland - College Park in 1997
- B.A. in Psychology from Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, PA in 1981
- Licensed to practice Speech-Language Pathology in South Carolina. Previously licensed in MD, VA, and AZ.
- Experienced in public schools, private clinics and home health settings.
- Specialties in areas of: neurofeedback/EEG biofeedback, sensory integration, oral-motor therapy, PROMPT, hippotherapy (equine assisted therapy), assistive technology, and aphasia rehabilitation.
- Holds a Certificate of Clinical Competence with the American Speech- Language-Hearing Association integrated Listening Systems Associate
- Helped direct and run Tucson Brain Camp, an intensive summer program for kids wanting to improve their cognitive performance utilizing a variety of neurological training tools such as: EEG/brainwave-based biofeedback (i.e. neurofeedback), trans-cranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), Interactive Metronome, Posit Science auditory and visual processing speed computer-based interventions as well as other fun “brain games” and small-group movement exercises.
- Recently moved to South Carolina from Tucson Arizona. In her spare time, Valerie is looking forward to riding and training horses, hiking and trail running, kayaking, and gardening.
|Rebekah D. White,|
- Master of Speech-Language Pathology, University of South Carolina, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in Middle Childhood Education (concentrations in Language Arts and Mathematics), Cedarville University, 2003, with high honors
- American Speech- Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Licensed in South Carolina by the State Board of Examiners
- South Carolina State Department of Education Certification in Speech-Language Therapy, Middle Level Language Arts, and Middle Level Mathematics
- Member of the Piedmont Speech and Hearing Consortium
- Five years of experience in South Carolina public schools working with elementary students with speech/language/hearing impairments, learning disabilities, autism, developmental delay, Down Syndrome and other genetic syndromes, apraxia, and augmentative communication needs
- Voted Teacher of the Year at Buena Vista Elementary School, 2014-2015
- Certified in Integrated Listening Systems
- She is married and lives in Greenville.
- M.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, 2013, Emerson College, Boston MA
- B.S. in Communication Disorders, 2011, University of Rhode Island
- S.C. License and Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Certified Integrated Listening Systems Associate
- Experience at the S.C. School for the Deaf and the Blind with children of all ages with multiple handicaps
- Experience with children with articulation disorders, autism spectrum disorders, and receptive and expressive language delays
- Lauren recently moved to the warm state of South Carolina and is now happy to call it her home. In her spare time, she enjoys learning foreign languages and playing golf.
|Jaelys E. Valdez (Jay),|
Speech & Language Pathology - Assistant; Special Education Specialist; ABA Therapist
- B.S. Communication Disorders, 2014 Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC
- Experience working in the Greenville County Public School System with children communication impairments, learning disabilities, and children with multiple disabilities ranging from ages 2-14.
- Trained in Lindamood Bell instruction and Wilson Reading System for reading, techniques for basic language, advanced language, and comprehension for children with dyslexia/ language-based/learning disabilities.
- Trained in Applied Behavioral Analysis for children with behavioral disorders such as Autism.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish
- Fun fact: I have dual-citizenship in the United States and also in the Dominican Republic.
- In my spare time, I enjoy reading, playing sports, traveling, and learning about different cultures/languages.